Organized by: Department of Civil Engineering
Event Name: Exposure and field visit for Problem Identification (Industrial visit)
Venue: S N Industries & Shree Kunjal Steels, Udyambag – Belagavi.
Date: 01st February 2022
The Department of Civil Engineering conducted a field visit in accordance with the IIC Calendar activities for the academic year 2021-22 in association with ACE.
The activity conducted was on the theme “Exposure and field visit for problem identification” as per the MHRD’s IIC Calendar activities.
Objectives of the Event:
- To study different steel components & end connections.
- To understand the working & design of EOT Crane Gantry Girder subjected to static and dynamic loading.
- To observe and study the Industrial roof truss components and its connection details
Location: S N Industries & Shree Kunjal Steels, Udyambag, Belgavi.
Event Coordinators: Prof. Ravi U Angadi, Prof. Sachin Kulkarni & Prof. Naresh Patil
Outcomes of the event:
- Students understood different rolled steel sections available in market and their quality check report as per IS standards
- Students understood the functioning of Gantry Girder, loads on gantry and its design.
- Students understood the detailing of Roof truss & its end connections.
Department feels proud to organize such kind of successful events and would like to convey thanks to Management, Principal and HOD for their advice and cooperation extended to us.
Coordinator Convenor Program Chair
(Prof. Ravi U. Angadi) (Dr.Sanjeev Sangami) (Dr. J. Shivakumar)